With the introduction of new technology, languages and residential trips, our Primary 5 pupils are given a little more independence and choice.
The curriculum includes:
- Novel reading with Q&A session, independent writing, and advanced spelling tests
- Fractions, decimals, multiplication and division
- Science, Geography, History and RME taught through the IPC
- Introduction of Mandarin and Spanish
- Music, PE, Art, French, and Spanish with specialist teachers
- The Oxford ICT scheme used to teach ICT – these lessons take place in the school ICT suites
The Holiday Show, Extreme Survivors; The Great, the Bold and the Brave; Fit for Life, and Living and Growing.
Trips and activities:
Children will visit: St Andrews, Knockburn Loch and Loch Muick. They will also have the opportunity to go on a residential trip to the SU Centre at Alltnacriche near Aviemore where they can take part in a range of outdoor activities including crate climbing, orienteering and archery.
*The topics, trips and activities may change from time to time