By Lower 2, our pupils have gained a little more confidence and are progressing with what they have learned in the previous year.
The curriculum includes:
- Reading and phonic awareness – emphasis on interpreting text
- Develop writing skills – focus is on good vocabulary, simple connectives, opening sentences and basic punctuation
- Numbers – 1 -100
- Adding and subtraction
- Multiplication and division
- Science, Geography, History and RME taught through the International Primary Curriculum
- ICT developed through the Oxford ICT Scheme
- PE and Music with specialist teachers
- ‘We are what we eat’
- ‘Time Travellers’
- ‘Push me, Pull you’
- ‘Flowers and insects’
Trips and activities:
- Pizza making
- Aberdeen Science Centre
- Minibeast Hunting at Hazlehead Park
- Lower 1 and 2 pupils can attend Lower 7 Buddy clubs – these are optional clubs twice a week run by the Lower 7 pupils and have included Lego Club, Netball, Football, Chess and Dancing among others.
*The topics, trips and activities may change from time to time.