In a world that is ever-changing, we believe that a well-rounded education gives our pupils the best start to preparing for their future, now. We also want our pupils to have a healthy balance between a love for learning and curiosity beyond the classroom.
With that in mind, we introduced the Albyn Curriculum Enrichment Programme. This takes a head, heart and hand approach to learning and involves the following types of activities:
- Extension of Academics – Logical thinking, problem solving, poetry and prose, computer coding, science/technology (These academic activities will not compromise the everyday learning through the curriculum)
- Active Living – Sport and health/fitness related activities i.e. golf, badminton, netball
- Skills for Life – Cooking, gardening, bikeability
- Community – Local history, VSA work
- Arts – Crafts, musical theatre
*These activities are age dependent and are subject to change
These additional lessons will vastly differ from your child’s day-to-day learning and will provide a richer educational experience which will have a cumulative impact over their years in the Albyn Lower School. Pupils will have a choice in which activities they would like to take part in and they will still have an opportunities to take part in co-curricular activities at break and lunchtimes.