In a world that is ever-changing, we believe that a well-rounded education gives our pupils the best start to preparing for their future, now.
With that in mind, we’re updating our Lower School timetable. From August 2019, Lower School pupils will also finish at 3:55pm, the same time as Upper School. This allows more time for a range of alternative lessons around the themes of:
- Extension of Academics – Logical thinking, problem solving, poetry and prose, computer coding, science/technology (These academic activities will not compromise the everyday learning through the curriculum)
- Active Living – Sport and health/fitness related activities i.e. golf, badminton, netball
- Skills for Life – Cooking, gardening, bikeability
- Community – Local history, VSA work
- Arts – Crafts, musical theatre
These activities are age dependent and are subject to change
These additional lessons will vastly differ from your child’s day-to-day learning and will provide a richer educational experience which will have a cumulative impact over their years in the Albyn Lower School. Pupils will have a choice in which activities they would like to take part in and they will still have an opportunities to take part in co-curricular activities at break and lunchtimes.