Lower School Admissions and Fees
How to Apply to Albyn Lower School:
Step One › Complete Application Form and attach a passport copy and your child’s most recent school report
Step Two › Arrange a Tour
Step Three › Assessment
Step Four › Spend a Day in the Classroom
Step Five › Results and Offer of a Place
Step Six › Welcome to Albyn Lower School
For entrance to the Lower School, all candidates must sit a test adapted to their year group and will have the opportunity to spend a whole day in the Lower School to obtain the best insight into the day in a life of an Albyn Lower School pupil.
For those who are seeking entrance into Lower 1 and Lower 7, there will be assessment days on two consecutive Saturdays in January where we will test groups of children together due to the high demand around this time of the year. These dates will be confirmed shortly. However, we still conduct testing for Lower 1 and Lower 7 throughout the year.
Entrance tests throughout the Lower School are computer based and supervised by a member of the Admissions team. Candidates are allowed comfort breaks during these tests. Please see test information below:
This process includes testing in English, Maths, Reading and Phonics with the candidates pointing and informing the test supervisor of the answer who will record this.
Duration – 20 minutes
Lower 2 – Lower 7
This process includes testing in English, Maths, Reading, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning. The test questions are multiple choice and adapt to the ability of each candidate.
Duration – 1 hour and 30 minutes
To ensure that we give your child the best experience, we strongly encourage that your child spends the day in one of our classrooms after sitting the entrance test. They will integrate with other children, experience real-life lessons and have a chance to get to know their new surroundings with their eyes and own experiences.
Generally pupils will sit the entrance test before spending the day but if you child would prefer to spend the day first then this can be arranged.
Lower School Fees 2019-2020
|Albyn School Lower 1||£3,628||£3,174||£2,267||£9,069|
|Albyn School Lower 2||£3,856||£3,374||£2,410||£9,640|
|Albyn School Lower 3 – 4||£4,666||£4,083||£2,917||£11,666|
|Albyn School Lower 5 – 7||£5,062||£4,429||£3,164||£12,655|
|Tuition fees are payable 30 days after date of issue of fee note|
- School Meals, £3.75 per Day (Compulsory for Lower 1 to Lower 7)
- School Meals in Nurseries are included in cost of Fees, where applicable.
- Parents are reminded that examination fees are charged by the Examination Boards for every examination taken by pupils. Charges will be billed at the appropriate time.
- Charges are also applicable for materials used in certificate courses for Art & Design.
- Examination Board charges for short module courses will also be billed where pupils have registered to undertake a course or courses.
- Reductions of 5% on the fees for a second child in the family will apply for pupils attending school on a full time basis from Pre-School Nursery onwards.
- Reductions of 50% on the fees for a third, or any subsequent, child in the family will apply for pupils attending school on a full time basis from Pre-School Nursery onwards.
- We would ask parents to note that charges for Before and After School Care, and other “Extras”, are due within 14 days of the Fee Bill date.
- An administration fee of £25 will be made for each cheque or direct debit application which is returned unpaid by your bank.
- Parents are reminded that a full term’s written notice is required for notice on withdrawal of a pupil. Should this not be received then a terms fee in lieu of notice will be payable.
If you have any questions about the entrance process, please don’t hesitate to get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org.