Boarding House Admissions and Fees
How to Apply for a Place in our Boarding House:
Step One › Complete Application Form stating your interest in boarding, and attach a passport copy and your child’s most recent school report
Step Two › Arrange a Tour of the School and Boarding House
Step Three › Assessment
Step Four › Spend a Day in the Classroom
Step Five › Results and Offer of a Place
Step Six › Welcome to Albyn Upper School and Albyn Boarding House
For entrance to the Upper School, all candidates will go through a testing process adapted to the appropriate year group. Testing is broken down for each year group as follows:
Candidates are tested in Maths, English, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning. These written tests last for 4 hours with refreshment and rest breaks allowed during this time.
Upper 2 and Upper 3
Candidates are tested in Maths and English. These written tests last for 4 hours with refreshment and rest breaks allowed during this time.
Testing in Upper 4 involves sitting written tests in the subjects the candidate would like to study. They may be tested in up to 8 subjects. We recommend that the candidates sit these tests over a few days as we want the candidates to do the best they can.
Upper 5 and Upper 6
The testing process for senior years is dependent on the predicted grades of a candidate. If a candidate has previously studied National 5s or GCSEs, these predicted grades will be used as a preliminary basis for entrance. If a candidate has previously studied at a school with a different education system then we will test the candidate in all 5 subjects they desire to study. Both types of candidates will then have an informal interview with the Headmaster.
Boarding House Fees 2017-2018
|Full Boarding Upper School||£11,575||£10,125||£7,235||£28,935|
|Weekly Boarding Upper School||£10,750||£9,400||£6,720||£26,870|
- Fees and charges must be remitted direct to our bank account (details below) in GBP£ sterling.
- The appropriate fee charged when pupils commence school is also payable as a deposit, which will be returned when the pupil leaves Albyn.
- Tuition fees are payable 30 days after date of issue of fee note.
- Parents are reminded that examination fees are charged by the Examination Boards for every examination taken by pupils. Charges will be billed at the appropriate time.
- Charges are also applicable for materials used in certificate courses for Art & Design.
- Examination Board charges for short module courses will also be billed where pupils have registered to undertake a course or courses.
- Reductions of 5% on the fees for a second child in the family will apply for pupils attending school on a full time basis from Pre School Nursery onwards.
- We would ask parents to note that charges for Extras are due within 14 days of the Fee Bill date.
- An administration fee of £25 will be made for each cheque or direct debit application which is returned unpaid by your bank.
- Parents are reminded that a full term’s written notice is required for notice on withdrawal of a pupil. Should this not be received then a terms fee in lieu of notice will normally be payable.
BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION
Account name – Albyn School Limited
School address – 17-23 Queen’s Road, Aberdeen, AB15 4PB
Bank Name – HSBC
Bank Address – 2 Queen’s Road, Aberdeen, AB15 4ZT
Bank account – No. 41310550
Bank sort code – 40-01-25
IBAN – GB56HBUK40012541310550
BANK BIC – HBUKGB4B
BRANCH BIC – HBUKGB4115T
If you have any questions about the entrance process, please don’t hesitate to get in touch on email@example.com.